The biggest celebration of Mickey and Minnie in Disneyland history later this year will feature new and enhanced entertainment plus limited-time décor, specialty foods and merchandise as well as “Mickey’s Mix Magic.” Also, we’ll ring in the Year of the Pig during Lunar New Year celebrations at Disney California Adventure park, Jan. 25 through Feb. 17. And of course, in summer 2019, you can live your own Star Wars adventure in a galaxy far, far away and explore Black Spire Outpost!
There’s much more to check out in Michael’s original “Disneyland Resort in 2019” story.
And just in time for vacation planning season, we announced the 2019 Disney Parks Moms Panel this week. A diverse group of 40 members, including 12 new panelists, make up the 2019 Disney Parks Moms Panel.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Walt Disney World Resort Sweet Treats: January 2019 – Walt Disney World Resort is starting off the year strong with sweets across property that you just HAVE to try. Alex Dunlap has a few new items as well as some yummy existing items to highlight for the new year!
- First Look: Exclusive Food and Merchandise to Commemorate Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration at Disneyland Resort – For a limited-time, specialty food, beverage, novelty items and merchandise will be available for guests to celebrate the beloved duo in fun, new ways.
- Ballast Point, First-Ever Brewery in the Downtown Disney District, Opening Soon at the Disneyland Resort – The excitement is brewing! Ballast Point, a pioneer in the California craft brewer scene, is putting the finishing touches on its first Orange County location in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort!
- Dreams Within Reach: Disney Aspire Education Program Celebrates First Graduate – Every day dreams come true for guests at Disney Parks around the world. Now, with the new Disney Aspire education program, Disney is helping make some extra magic for cast members, too.
- Guests Will Soon Discover a Dynamic Design When Jaleo Opens at Disney Springs – Jaleo by José Andrés is expected to debut this winter at Disney Springs, and when the doors open in the coming weeks, guests will discover a 22,000 square foot wonder that will house Andrés’ largest restaurant to date.
- Foodie Guide to Purple Treats at Disney Parks – New year, new color! Potion Purple headbands have hit the parks, which means a fabulous new array of purple treats. Both tasty and Instagrammable, these make for a great snack and a great photo! From cupcakes and cotton candy to macarons and churros, the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts are perfectly prepared for everything purple!
This post originally appeared on Disney Parks Blog.
Author: Thomas Smith