This summer, we’ve been celebrating the upcoming release of Disney’s “The Lion King” on the Disney Parks Blog with a variety of stories. Now, we’re offering the opportunity to be among the very first to see it at a special opening night showing of the film on July 18, 2019, at the AMC Disney Springs 24!
“The Lion King” Disney Parks Blog Meet-Up begins at 5 p.m. ET (doors open at 3:30 p.m.) at AMC Disney Springs 24 at Walt Disney World Resort on Thursday, July 18. During the event, you’ll see a special 5 p.m. opening night showing of Disney’s “The Lion King.”
Disney’s upcoming film journeys to the African savanna where a future king is born. Simba idolizes his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub’s arrival. Scar, Mufasa’s brother—and former heir to the throne—has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba’s exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.
The all-star cast includes Donald Glover as Simba, Beyoncé Knowles-Carter as Nala, James Earl Jones as Mufasa, Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar, Seth Rogen as Pumbaa and Billy Eichner as Timon, and utilizes pioneering filmmaking techniques to bring treasured characters to life in a whole new way.
You can RSVP to join us at this exciting meet-up right now by clicking here. Only one guest per confirmed registrant is permitted. A limited number of attendees may attend the meet-up, so be one of the first to sign up. First come, first served.
Also, here are a few things you should know:
- All attendees who sign up for the meet-up must be 18 years or older, but guests do not need to be 18 or older.
- Please arrive early. Seating is first come first seated. No one will be admitted late.
- “The Lion King” is rated PG.
- Limit one guest per registrant.
- We will send an email to individuals whose valid RSVPs are received by us before we reach the planned capacity to confirm their attendance for the meet-up.
- If confirmed, it will be necessary for the registrant and guest to check-in in advance of the movie time. The confirmation email will include those details.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- Meet-up confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person and guest.
- If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation, then your RSVP was not accepted.
- The meet-up is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- This post will be updated after capacity has been reached.
This post originally appeared on Disney Parks Blog.
Author: Thomas Smith